Puppy Obedience Training, in Ottawa, Gatineau, and the Valley




Puppy Training - Learning to last a Life-Time...
Full Boot Camp Session

Just imagine if you knew how to use those subtle and effective forms of communication that dogs employ with each other – a perfectly attainable goal in an in-your-home session with Ottawa’s Dog Whisperer.  What better way to provide your puppy with the life skills it needs to grow into a healthy, happy dog.            

A  puppy needs life skills of which a few simple commands like sit, down, stay are only a small part…do you know that it takes all of a few minutes to teach a puppy to sit when one uses the language of a dog? Why would you take a multi-week course with a trainer who takes a full hour of your valuable time to teach you how to get your dog to sit? And another hour a week later to teach your dog to lie down and yet a third hour - three weeks from your fist session, to teach your dog to stay? 

What if you could learn 100’s of times more in one day, in the space of 4 to 5 hours? 

 What if,  in the space of only one day, you could learn all you need to know...hear it, see it, understand it, and do it - to ensure that your puppy becomes a happy, healthy well adjusted canine.

Imagine never having to worry about your puppy developing behavourial problems in the future....and what if, in addition to all of that you could learn about whole health nutrition for your puppy - good behaviour and good health and wrapped up in one!

Well with me you can achieve all of this in an in-your-home Full Boot Camp Session. 

I believe in providing my clients with a comprehensive and cohesive learning experience… I offer an all-encompassing ‘boot camp’ session (in your home) where I will address everything – from physical to psychological to diet/health.  The following list represents just some of the many things that I will teach you and your puppy during a private in-your-home  four to five hour Full Boot Camp Session with your puppy.

Did you know that dogs are better communicators than most people? – I teach you how to be a better communicator…
  • Awareness – yours and your dog’s
  • Facial expression and body language (yours and your dog’s) – identification,  recognition, understanding and effects
  • Learn to direct your dog without speaking (voice is not the best way to direct a dog)
  • Understand all of the ways in which humans actually communicate and how it affects your dog
  • Know how to occupy space to communicate effectively
  • Know how your state of mind affects your dog
  • Know when your dog is asking for direction
  • Potty Training
  • Socialization as applicable to your situation
    • Manors with other Puppies/Dogs
    • Manors with other Animals (cats, rabbits, etc)
    • Manors around Children
    • Manors around Guests                                  
  • How to get your puppy to stop chewing on your hands, your clothes, shoes, household items, etc. 
  • Manors in the house – i.e.        
    • Entering and exiting the house with respect;
    • Respectful use of furniture such as the couch, bed etc.
    • Avoiding the development of counter surfing, food begging, etc.
    • Your dog’s food and treats – how to ensure gentle, respectful behaviour
    • Teaching your puppy not to grab food, etc. that falls on the floor
  • How to avoid creating separation and other anxieties in your dog, including aggression
  • The walk
Session Bookings
Sessions can be booked on weekdays and weekends.

Pre-Assessment
I do not pre-assessments. As I work intuitively and can shift my methods and techniques on the fly to suit the individuals, I have no need to pre-assess. 90% of my clients have been to 2 or more trainers (who subsequently failed the dog and/or made the dogs issues worse). I am often the last resort between euthanasia and life – it is a responsibility that I take with the utmost seriousness and have never let a dog and its people down.  There are very few dogs that cannot be rehabilitated

 
My Methods

I do not force/dominance-train, nor do I treat-train as neither methods honor the intelligence or way of a dog.  If you would like to know more about my methods you can read more here. I do not use e-collars, prong/pinch collars, choke chains, halties, etc. I teach my clients how to work without such devices.

I Teach/Train the human…
- To be aware of how their psychological/emotional state affects their dog;
- To understand how they are mis-communicating to their dog;
- To understand their dog; its body language, its reactions, its needs;
- To learn how to effectively communicate with their dog - including using less voice and instead
   more body language;

- To see when their dog is asking for direction;
- To provide leadership to their dog;
 

I coach and mentor the dog.

Session Follow-up
Post session I send my clients articles that reinforce what we went through in the session. My clients know that if they have a question that they can call or email me.

Mini Boot Camp Session

These session are only available to clients who have already done a full boot camp session with me.

This session is perfect for:
  • Clients that would like a follow-up session but don't require another Full Boot Camp session - you have had a Full-Boot Camp Session and have mastered the resolution of all behaviors but would like some reinforcement to finesse/complete your leadership skills.
  • Clients who are introducing a new element into their dog's life, i.e...
  • Adoption of a new dog/puppy into a home with existing dog(s);
  • You have a new baby and want to make sure dog and baby's relationship is a good one;
  • You have a minor issue that you have been unable to resolve (major issues must be addressed with a Full Boot-Camp Session);
  • etc.
  • Clients that want to reinforce or learn more about one or two specific topics - for example:
      • Nail clipping, grooming and chemical-free all-natural alternatives for maintenance of ears, bathing etc.
      • Socialization and Manners with other Puppies/Dogs;
      • Socialization and Manners with other Animals (cats, rabbits, etc)
      • Socialization and Manners around Children;
      • Socialization and Manners around Guests
      • The Walk
     
    Holistic Behavioral Services for Your Dog

    For information about my holistic behavioral services, visit my holistic behavioral services page.

    For dogs of all ages, sizes and breeds.

    My behavioral services are available worldwide via video consultation.

    🌎 USA | Canada | UK | Europe | Australia | New Zealand | Asia | South and Central America | Africa | UAE

    📱FaceTime | Facebook | Skype | WhatsApp

    To set-up your holistic behavioral session get in-touch via email, go to my contact me page.
     
    Holistic Diet, Nutrition, Wellness Services Tailored to Your Individual Dog and Cat

    For information about my holistic diet, nutrition and wellness services, visit my holistic wellness services page.

    Maintain good health | Address acute and chronic health issues | Pre and post surgery support and recovery

    My holistic wellness services are available worldwide via video consultation.

    🌎 USA | Canada | UK | Europe | Australia | New Zealand | Asia | South and Central America | Africa | UAE

    📱FaceTime | Facebook | Skype | WhatsApp

    To set-up your holistic wellness consultation get in-touch via email, go to my contact me page.
     
    Affiliations to Companies  
    ✓ None. 
    ✓ I don't sell food, supplements, or other products.
    I'm not aligned with any companies. 
     
    Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld. 
     
     
     

    Popular Posts