Full Boot Camp - Dog, Puppy Training, Behaviour Modification, Rehabilitation, in Ottawa, Hull


 AVAILABLE FOR ALL DOG BREEDS

Training
Behaviour Modification
Rehabilitation
Nutrition
Health

All Breeds - from small to large including Pit Bulls
FOR PEOPLE WITH ONE OR MULTIPLE DOGS/PUPPIES
For dogs of all ages - puppies, teenage, senior dogs... 

Dog and puppy training sessions with the Ottawa Valley Dog Whisperer - in your home, your yard, your neighbourhood.  


Imparting Skills for a Lifetime
To be a well-adjusted, happy, healthy canine - dogs require life skills. Life skills are best imparted by one who can see and understand how each piece of knowledge dovetails into the next and can then share the knowledge with true understanding – physical and psychological to another. As intelligent, sensitive beings, dogs do not require domination nor treats to learn they simply require what they give to others: compassion, kindness, understanding, patience, will, persistence and awareness backed-up by calm-considered-confident and clear communication provided with consistency (physical communication, i.e. voice, body language must be truly consistent with emotional state).  Dogs rely on instinct and intuition; they actively and consciously use all of their senses. A dog will do exactly what you really ask them to do - my advantage and ability to observe, asses, address, coach and teach effectively relies on my capability to adopt and deploy the methods that are used by canines to teach and communicate with each other. Too many humans rely on man-made tools and conceits rather than leveraging the beauty and clarity of a dog’s way.
 "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -- Edward Hoagland

I provide one-on-one training with my clients and their puppies, teenage and adult dogs of all ages…one or multiple dogs. Whether you just want to bring your dog up right from the get go, or you have adopted a rescue dog with a past, or you are experiencing behavioural issues (i.e. anxious, obsessive or aggressive behaviours of all kinds) from low intensity to high intensity (‘over-threshold’, ‘red-zone’).  Perhaps your dog has been placed on doggie Prozac and deemed ‘hyperactive’...I have worked with many dogs labelled and drugged for being hyper – I remove the need for such drugs. Such dogs are hyper-sensitive and require structure, truly good communication and nutrition, not drugs.  Whatever the case I can resolve the behaviour. I have never failed a dog and it’s human. 


Full Boot Camp
I offer an all-encompassing ‘full boot camp’ session (in your home) where I will address everything – from physical to psychological to diet/health. A session is typically 4 hours but may extend up to five hours depending on the issues at hand. If you would like to understand what a full boot camp session at your home includes and my methods just email me (ottawavalleydogwhisperer@gmail.com) and I will send you the information. You can also read this for more information about my methods and what I cover in a full boot camp session.This type of session is invaluable as it addresses every aspect of daily life with your dog and ensures that your dog does not develop behavioural issues.
  • Anxiety or over-excitement and/or motion sickness in vehicles; 
  • Barking; 
  • Begging for Food, Food Surfing (tables, counters, from children, etc.) 
  • Bolting out your door; 
  • Chasing your cats, and other small animals; 
  • Chewing/ biting your hands, feet, clothing etc.; 
  • Crate Training; 
  • Dog-to-Dog Aggressive-reactive Behaviour; 
  • Dog-to-People Aggressive-reactive Behaviour; 
  • Fear of People, Places and Things; 
  • Food Aggressive-Reactive Behaviour; 
  • Grief; 
  • Unwanted Guarding Behaviour of people, places and things; 
  • Inability to Settle-down (calm) and Relax…’hyper activity’; 
  • Inappropriate Behaviour with Guests; 
  • Obsessive Behaviour, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); 
  • Marking in the House;
  • Poor Leash-walking habits (pulling, weaving, flopping);  
  • Separation Anxiety; 
  • etc.

Session Cost All-Encompassing Boot-Camp Session (4 to 5 hours) - Session cost is determined on a case by case basis.
 
Fees above are as per my standard service area.
If you reside out side of my in-person session area, I also offer sessions via phone, Skype and Facetime.

I Offer Three Payment Methods for my Clients’ Convenience
  1. Cash,
  2. E-mail Money Transfer, and;
  3. Credit Card via Paypal.
Session Bookings
Sessions can be booked on weekdays and weekends.

Pre-Assessment
I do not pre-assessments. As I work intuitively and can shift my methods and techniques on the fly to suit the individuals, I have no need to pre-assess. 90% of my clients have been to 2 or more trainers (who subsequently failed the dog and/or made the dogs issues worse). I am often the last resort between euthanasia and life – it is a responsibility that I take with the utmost seriousness and have never let a dog and its people down.  There are very few dogs that cannot be rehabilitated
 
My Methods

I do not force/dominance-train, nor do I treat-train as neither methods honor the intelligence or way of a dog.  If you would like to know more about my methods you can read more here. I do not use e-collars, prong/pinch collars, choke chains, haltis, etc. I teach my clients how to work without such devices.

I Teach/Train the human…
- To be aware of how their psychological/emotional state affects their dog;
- To understand how they are mis-communicating to their dog;
- To understand their dog; its body language, its reactions, its needs;
- To learn how to effectively communicate with their dog - including using less voice and instead
   more body language;

- To see when their dog is asking for direction;
- To provide leadership to their dog;
I coach and mentor the dog.

Session Follow-up
Post session I send my clients articles that reinforce what we went through in the session. My clients know that if they have a question that they can call or email me.

Working with dogs and their people is not just my ‘job’ – making sure your dog is healthy and happy is my passion…30 years experience living and working with dogs.

Holistic Diet, Nutrition, Wellness Services Tailored to Your Individual Dog and Cat

For information about my holistic diet, nutrition and wellness services, visit my holistic wellness services page.

Maintain good health | Address acute and chronic health issues | Pre and post surgery support and recovery

My holistic wellness services are available worldwide via video consultation.

🌎 USA | Canada | UK | Europe | Australia | New Zealand | Asia | South and Central America | Africa | UAE

📱FaceTime | Facebook | Skype | WhatsApp

To set-up your holistic wellness consultation get in-touch via email, go to my contact me page.
 
Holistic Behavioral Services for Your Dog

For information about my holistic behavioral services, visit my holistic behavioral services page.

For dogs of all ages, sizes and breeds.

My behavioral services are available worldwide via video consultation.

🌎 USA | Canada | UK | Europe | Australia | New Zealand | Asia | South and Central America | Africa | UAE

📱FaceTime | Facebook | Skype | WhatsApp

To set-up your holistic behavioral session get in-touch via email, go to my contact me page. 
 
Affiliations to Companies  
✓ None. 
✓ I don't sell food, supplements, or other products.
I'm not aligned with any companies. 
 
Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld. 
 

Popular Posts